Monday, October 27, 2008

We're ENGAGED!!

Definitly the BEST weekend of our lives...so far..

SO here's the story:

I picked David and his sister Sarah up at the SLC airport at 8pm on Friday night.
David INSISTED that we go to Temple Square..
I was like...ok whatever you want to do sweetheart...
Little did I know he and my now future sister-in-law had a little secret up their sleeves.
Since the Joseph Smith movie didn't start for 20 minutes,
we decided to go up to the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and look out at the temple....

I took this!!

David being the stud he is was scoping out the place as we were up there...what a tricky boy...

After about 5 minutes he was like, "Let's go down by the temple and walk around a little bit." I was like, "No, we will be late for the movie.." He convinced me and we went down and walked through the gates and he grabbed my hand and walked towards the big fountain on the south side...and this is what went down from there...

David: "Sweetheart lets take a picture."
Me: "Ok!!! (I love pictures)."
David: (While turning me towards him) "I love you so much baby...I want to be with you forever."
Me: (While turning him back towards the camera) "I know David..lets take a picture."
David: (While turning me back towards him) "Ali, sweetheart...I love you so much..(some more cutsie stuff)."
Me: (Being clueless..surprise) "I love you too baby."
David: (Hits his knee).
Me: (Starts shaking...David described it as I started shaking like an old woman..haha, thanks sweetheart).
David: "Ali, will you marry me?
Ali: "Yeah?"

Haha ok...not that I was unsure...I was just SHOCKED!! Even though we were planning on getting married for two weeks before he proposed, he told me that he wouldn't have the ring till after Thanksgiving..and I believed him ofcorse..so I was surprised!!!!! Good Job David, It's not easy to surprise me but you did it!

Thanks to David's sister Sarah for being there and taking all these amazing pics!! We love you!
Popping THE question!

Infront of the Salt Lake Temple
happy and engaged

No comments: